One-day course – Principal Hotel, York, UK
Wednesday 14th October 2020 (note this is the new date, postponed from June 2020)
Formulation is an essential value-adding step in the development and manufacture of a huge number of chemical-using products. For example, medicines, cosmetics, toiletries, foods, detergents, cleaners, paints, inks, agrochemicals and adhesives are all formulated products. “Formulation: The Basics” is a one day introduction to formulation – what it is, where it is done, its benefits as well as why and how it is done.
“Formulation: The Basics” was sold out when it was first run in 2018 and we received overwhelmingly positive feedback from the delegates.
WHO IS IT FOR?
“Formulation: The Basics” is especially suited to:
- Commercial, production, technical or administrative staff in any company involved in the formulation supply chain.
- Newcomers to R&D and production functions such as technicians, process operatives, QC and administrative staff.
- Students and academics from non-chemistry disciplines who are seeking an industrial context to formulation.
- Some basic scientific understanding will be helpful but is not essential. A chemistry degree is not required!
09:15 Who Formulates What, and Why?
10:00 Formulation: Structure and Stability
11:00 Ingredients and their Functions
11:45 Liquid Formulations: Essentials
13:15 Solid Formulations: Essentials
14:00 Practical session
15:00 Making Formulations
15:35 Measuring and Testing Formulations
15:55 Interactive team exercise
16:40 Wrap up
COURSE FEES AND REGISTRATION:
£349 + VAT per person for registrations received by 14th August 2020
£395 + VAT per person for registrations after 14th August 2020
Our conditions for cancellations and amendments to events bookings can be found here.
- We can invoice your organisation and registration will be confirmed once fees are received. Simply email full contact details to email@example.com.
- Alternatively, we can accept PayPal payments using the button below. You do not need to have a PayPal account, most credit cards can be used. You will then receive confirmation of registration.
Confirmed registrants will receive full joining instructions before the event.
The Principal Hotel, Station Road, York, YO24 1AA, UK
The Principal can be most easily reached via rail, York is on the east coast main line with fast rail connections to London and Edinburgh. The Principal York is located immediately adjacent to York’s railway station and is close to the centre of this historic city.
York can also easily reached by the road network (A1(M) to A64, A59 or A19).
For more details see: https://www.phcompany.com/principal/york-hotel/