Note: This event has now taken place. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in accessing course materials or future training on this topic.
A one-day interactive training course, “Practical Adhesion Science for Formulators” is especially relevant to formulators in a number of industries including adhesives, coatings, paints and packaging. It will also be of interest to formulators working in other industries.
The course will once again be delivered by Professor Steven Abbott and will provide attendees with a set of principles which can be applied to real-life adhesion challenges. Attendees are not expected to be adhesion experts – some experience of product formulation and an interest in adhesion is all that is required.
Attendees will become familiar with the use of Steven Abbott’s adhesion apps(PracticalAdhesion, PracticalPSA) which are used in the course and are a powerful way to bring the key principles to life. The course will be interactive and include demonstrations. Attendees will receive full course materials on a memory stick.
For a short taster of the course contents, take a look at our webinar recording here.
You can also download a flyer for the event here.
The provisional programme is as follows:
Thursday 1st December 2016: 09.00 – 16.00
- Adhesion science in 30min – setting the scene
- Surface tension, surface energy and why they’re not so important
- Surface enhancement – myths and realities
- All you need to know about polymers and rheology
- Strong adhesion – from nails to tangles
- Too much adhesion – how to make things worse
- Light adhesion
- Time-temperature equivalence and why it’s so important
- Strength through failure – pressure sensitives and hot melts
- Undermining and avoiding adhesion – how to create it and how to avoid it
- Putting theory into practice – a live session with your challenges
Fees per person are as follows:
£399 + VAT per person for registrations
If you would like to register and pay by invoice then please provide full contact and billing details by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to register and pay via PayPal then use the button below. Please note that you do not need a PayPal account for this option, you can use most credit or debit cards by simply clicking check out as guest. Please note that for this option we charge a small additional fee to cover PayPal’s charges to us.
Please note here our terms and conditions for cancellations and amendments to bookings for our own training and events.
The venue for “Practical Adhesion Science for Formulators” will be The Source Skills Academy Meadowhall (Sheffield). The venue is conveniently located for road and rail access. For a venue map, click here.